- Manchester United have failed with a £29.8m bid for Sao Paulo midfielder Lucas Moura, 19, according to the Brazilian club.
- Fulham have opened talks to sign Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku, 19, on loan.
- Luis Suarez has reopened the row over his race ban last season, despite being ordered by Liverpool not to discuss it.
- Gianfranco Zola has targeted Filippo Inzaghi and Alessandro Del Piero as two sensational summer signings for Watford.
- Manchester City defender Kolo Toure could price himself out of a move to Saudi club Al Hilal with a request for £50,000 a week after tax and a rent-free home, two cars, paid-for flights and the captaincy.
- Sunderland manager Martin O’Neill wants to return to former club Aston Villa to sign James Collins. Villa are prepared to sell the Welshman, 28, as they close in on a deal for Feyenoord’s Netherlands international Ron Vlaar, 27.
- Newcastle are preparing a bid of £16m after Liverpool told striker Andy Carroll that he can leave the club.
- Dutch star Rafael van der Vaart has told Tottennham he is staying.
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has rejected a third bid from Chelsea for Victor Moses.
- Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is lining up a £20m bid for Manchester City defender Micah Richards.
- Arsenal striker Robin van Persie is ready to snub a £300,000 a week offer from Juventus to join Manchester City.
- Rio Ferdinand has turned his back on England following his Euro 2012 heartache.
- Bolton boss Owen Coyle has rejected French side St Etienne’s approach for former Liverpool striker David Ngog.
- Brazil sensation Oscar arrived in London for a medical yesterday ahead of his £25million move to Chelsea.
- Barcelona could move for Liverpool defender Daniel Agger after being priced out of a move for Athletic Bilbao midfielder Javi Martinez, 23.
- Everton and West Brom are interested in FC Copenhagen’s Costa Rican defender Bryan Oviedo, 22, who has been tracked by Manchester United.
- Defender Scott Dann could join Ajax on loan following Blackburn’s relegation to the Championship. Reading and Southampton have been put off by the centre-back’s £6m price tag.
- Liverpool are on the brink of signing Fulham striker Clint Dempsey for £10m.
- West Ham are close to a £5m deal for Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga.