- Sir Alex Ferguson says Kenny Dalglish got himself sacked for his mishandling of the Luis Suarez row.
- Nottingham Forest last night sprang a surprise by naming Sean O’Driscoll as their new manager.
- Junior Hoilett is poised to leap back into the Premier League at QPR – and clear the way for Jamie Mackie to go the other way to Blackburn.
- Wigan supremo Dave Whelan is ready to sell Victor Moses to Chelsea – if Roman Abramovich comes up with a £10million package.
- Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has begun negotiations to land France captain Hugo Lloris.
- Derby have signed Coventry defender Richard Keogh in a £1.1million deal after agreeing a fee last night.
- Emmanuel Adebayor is threatening to see out the remaining two years of his Manchester City contract.
- Crawley boss Sean O’Driscoll was last night named Nottingham Forest manager.
- Southampton are closing in on a £3.5million deal for PSV Eindhoven striker Jeremain Lens.
- Sir Alex Ferguson claims Rio Ferdinand will never play for England again.
- Kevin Phillips is re-thinking his decision to retire next summer.
- Arsene Wenger will today make a decision on whether Robin van Persie travels with Arsenal on a pre-season Far East tour.
- Swansea are considering a move for Bolton midfielder Mark Davies as Liverpool intensify their efforts to sign Joe Allen.
- QPR were last night trying to secure a work permit for Junior Hoilett before completing the Canadian’s signing from Blackburn.
- Fulham and West Ham have made offers for Twente defender Douglas.
- Wigan are interested in Blackpool defender Alex Baptiste.
- Spartak Moscow are set to revive interest in Everton defender Johnny Heitinga.
- Porto’s Brazilian defender Danilo has criticised Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas for meeting his club-mate Hulk at Brazil’s team hotel after they arrived on Tuesday.
- Arsenal midfielder Andrey Arshavin is wanted by Al Sadd of Qatar.
- Manchester City are willing to offer Foday Nabay the most attractive package for a 13-year-old in British football in a bid to gazump rivals United.
- Brendan Rodgers is set to raid his old club Swansea for £15million-rated midfielder Joe Allen.
- Luka Modric took a step closer to quitting Tottenham yesterday after talks with new boss Andrew Villas-Boas.
- Southampton boss Nigel Adkins is lining up an ambitious swoop for PSV attacker Jeremain Lens.
- Sir Alex Ferguson believes Kenny Dalglish got himself sacked by Liverpool for mishandling the Luis Suarez race row.
- Stoke have agreed a £1.6million fee for Houston Dynamo defender Geoff Cameron.
- Swansea expect to tie up a £2million deal for goalscoring midfielder Michu from Rayo Vallecano.
- Junior Hoilett was reported to have agreed to join QPR from Blackburn last night.
- Neil Lennon has admitted Celtic won’t be signing any more players until they know whether they are in the Champions League.