- Roberto Mancini had had a major bust-up with Manchester City over their failure to land Robin van Persie.
- Tim Cahill has quit Everton for New York Red Bulls – and will team up with Thierry Henry in the Big Apple.
- Fleetwood want QPR midfielder Joey Barton to play for them in a friendly on Friday night.
- Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is still looking to spend during the transfer window.
- Andre Villas-Boas last night blasted “unprofessional” Luka Modric as Tottenham insisted Real Madrid must cough up £40million to sign him.
- Frank Lampard is refusing to rule out a move to the MLS – if he cannot extend his deal with Chelsea.
- Nottingham Forest’s new owners will signal their intent on making a Premier League return by swooping for former City Ground favourite Jermaine Jenas.
- Bayern Munich have launched a cut-price bid to sign Manchester City midfielder Nigel de Jong for £8million.
- German clubs Hamburg and Wolfsburg want to sign Nigel Reo-Coker.
- Luka Modric has made a grovelling apology to Spurs chairman Daniel Levy for going on strike.
- Roberto Mancini is furious Manchester City are falling behind in the race to sign Robin van Persie.
- Golf bosses will consider a crackdown on caddies after Carlos Tevez bunked into The Open.
- Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has finally admitted that he is battling to land Brazilian wonderkid Lucas Moura.
- Nottingham Forest’s new owners want Jermaine Jenas to be their first big signing.
- Gabriel Agbonlahor has rejected speculation linking him with a move from Aston Villa to Sunderland.
- Tim Cahill is poised to leave Everton for New York Red Bulls.
- Everton face a battle with Newcastle and Tottenham for Getafe midfielder Abdel Barrada.
- West Brom are closing in on agreeing a deal for Argentinian midfielder Claudio Yacob.
- Brighton have beaten Spurs, Arsenal, AC Milan and Valencia to land Jeremy Balmy from Le Havre.
- Southampton look ready to sell Lee Barnard, Ryan Dickson and Jonathan Forte.
- Andy Carroll has told Liverpool they will force him out of Anfield.
- Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker has been ruled out for up to six weeks with an Achilles injury.
- Brighton and Burnley will battle it out for Wolves striker Sam Vokes.
- Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas last night branded Luka Modric unprofessional over his mini-strike.
- Roberto Mancini fears Manchester City have lost the initiative in the scramble for Robin van Persie’s signature.
- Bayern Munich will make a £6million bid for Manchester City midfielder Nigel de Jong.
- Zent St Petersburg have joined the chase for Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel and hope to tempt him with a £110,000-per-week deal.
- Fulham are looking at Hoffenheim forward Ryan Babel.
- Al Hilal are keen on Arsenal striker Park Chu-young and West Ham forward Frederic Piquionne.
- Tim Cahill will bring the curtain down on a distinguished Everton career today by moving to Major League Soccer with New York Red Bulls.
- Nigel de Jong is set to be left behind when Manchester City fly out to China today with Bayern Munich closing on a cut-price £8million deal.